A person who is not careful how s/he lives his/her life can cause others to stumble without knowing it. The sad reality about this is that such a person has a dreadful reward from God and not from Satan. This is largely because some of the sins people practice are not written distinctly in the Bible. This is not surprising because sins are invented by evil people daily (Romans 1:30).
I call for everyone who happens to read this article to watch out because the environment you may have been born into has fully succumbed to a sinful lifestyle such that it becomes very difficult for you to notice that you are practicing sin and causing someone else to stumble. It calls for you to sober up and make a turn to save your life from the anger that awaits all children of unrighteousness (Romans 2:5). Sobering is only possible if you read and practice what the Bible teaches.
Next I will categorize sinful practices that may not be obvious to many but if you are serious about escaping God’s anger, you will work all you can to pull out of these practices.
- Offering someone a pay for a dirty job – growing weed and other forms of drugs, bribing police, covering evil deeds, killing others, telling a lie, acting miracles and stealing.
- Pressuring someone to compromise (not even God forces people against their will) – holding others at ransom, making others confess in your favor or agree with you against their will, rape, abusing your authority over someone.
- Immodest dressing and altering/modifying your body – revealing clothes (either man or woman) and affixing artificial ornaments in the body. I have written an article on the body modification on a post titled, ‘The holiness believer who ignores body purity’.
- Being an example of evil – homosexuality, fake prosperity for personal gain, mocking the righteous, persuading others into looting, promiscuous success (prostitution, porn star, etc.), drug dealing, showing off of what you possess, buying votes, worshiping idols.
- Leading people astray – starting your own cult or religion, preaching the wrong gospel, ganging up for a wayward lifestyle.
- Being irresponsible – abortion, not providing for your family (children and spouse), not supporting your parents.
These are just examples but there are a lot more examples, many of such are modern sins that a foolish person can brag and say they are not written in the Bible. Whenever these sins are committed, someone else who is a subject or an observer is coerced to sin.
I want you to be aware that if you do these things you have a specific message from Jesus Christ. The message is found in Matthew 18 from verse 6. Jesus warns, ‘If anyone causes one of these little ones—those who believe in me—to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea’. This means that your life with one less sin is better yet in a terrible way according to standards of this world. Jesus says that it is better to drown than to cause one of His own to stumble. Causing His own to stumble anger’s God each time angels assigned to the little ones report on these occurrences to Him continuously (Matthew 18:10).
Verse 7 warns, ‘Woe to the world because of the things that cause people to stumble! Such things must come, but woe to the person through whom they come!’ Sadly these sins are expected to manifest in the world yet the call is for each individual to be careful not to be a doer of these sins.
Reading on to verse 8 and 9, we learn that there is no other explanation than to say that one who causes another to stumble will unbearably regret the punishment of hell. Jesus teaches, ‘ If your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire. And if your eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell’.
It is only by God’s intervention that man can overcome sin and make it to Heaven. This is according to Matthew 19:26 where Jesus said, ‘With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible’.