In this post I want to raise a concern that I have seen with Christians. Christians take no interest in preaching to the ready souls on the streets that are wasting time in a wrong cult, the Jehovah’s Witnesses (JW). JWs will never deny you, or let me say they have never denied me, the chance to preach or engage with them. In the olden days, they used to go door-to-door and I believe they still do in some parts of the world today.
Jehovah’s Witnesses (JW) call themselves Christians but they are not in many respects. Some of the things that make them false Christians include the following:
- Their leader, the founder of the cult was a false prophet. He falsely predicted the return of Christ a number of times and changed the key pillar of Christianity that Christ hung on the cross and made a false doctrine of Christ hanging in a pole. Christians also have leaders but a leader that evidently becomes a false prophet should be rejected will his or her beliefs (Deuteronomy 18:20 – 22).
- JW believe that there is no hell. Surely this is a teaching from hell because the devil’s agenda is to deceive mankind for as long as the person lives (2 Corinthians 4:4). When they die, the devil then reveals the truth and at that time it is too late.
- JW don’t believe in revelations and dreams of the afterlife. They deny all that is revealed to us in the last days through visions and dreams. They do not want to entertain it, a sure sign that the devil has blinded them (2 Corinthians 4:4).
- JW believe that when you die you sleep until Jesus returns. They fool themselves to believe that God thinks and does things like a man thinks. They forget that God’s foolishness is far beyond human wisdom (1 Corinthians 1:25).
- They don’t believe that the soul separates from the body when a person dies.
- They have altered the Bible to have their own which omits come very important chapters and verses such as the one in Leviticus 29:29. This verse answers a lot of questions that the world has about Christianity and God, His way of thinking and doing things.
At least these are facts I have collected from some of the JWs that I have had a privilege to talk to. I’m not making these up.
The urgency lies in that JW think they are in the right because they profess Jesus Christ. This needs to be corrected because eternity is too long for one to be wrong. There is only one answer and that answer cannot have options. An analogy be Zac Poonen says that 1+1 = 2, not anything very close to 2.
The sad thing is that Christians, of which I count myself in, that have seen the light ignore JWs and simply pass them by in the streets and never care to engage them. We forget that:
- It is not our job to convince people but ours is to share the true gospel and the Holy Spirit with do the rest.
- We have been called to the great commission of making disciples of every person we live with.
- Defending the gospel is part of our call, but with meekness and fear (1 Peter 3:15).
- We shall be judged for not having preached the true gospel; the blood of the lost will be on us (Ezekiel 3:18).
I therefore implore Christians to take interest in engaging with JW. I suggest that they pray, fast, prepare and then go out to share the true gospel of Jesus Christ. It won’t be easy sometimes but God will give you words to say as Jesus said in Matthew 10:19.