• Sponsors:

Dreaming of dead loved ones, Rebuke that spirit

Dream!Whenever you dream of dead loved ones you must know that the devil is paying you a visit and he will take it from your reaction what he should do. The dead are gone and soon they are forgotten (Ecclesiastes 9:5). This verse confirms that they had their share of this life and they never shall come back to this life, instead the living shall join them on the other side because the living know that they will die. David once said that he know very well that he will be joining his late son but not him coming back to him (2 Samuel 12:23). Isaiah 26:14 in the NLT translation says, “…their departed spirit will not return!”

Where do dreams come from?

there are three notable sources of dreams:

1. The International Standard Bible Version says that “Too many worries lead to nightmares, and a fool is known from talking too much” Ecclesiastes 5:3). These are generally thoughts you may have been pondering on for a long time. it could be days or even a few minutes or seconds.
  2. Some dreams come from God.  Job 33:14 – 16 confirms that God speaks through dreams and visions. There are many recorded instance where God sends His message to the world through a dream. Both Joseph that lived in the time of king Pharaoh and Joseph the supposedly earthly father of Jesus received God’s messages through dreams.
  3. Some dreams come from the devil. The devil has schemes to deceive many because he knows that his time is limited (Revelation 12:12). He knows that people will associate a spiritual dream with God and not only believe it but also action on the message. He appears and an angel of light to deceive many (2 Corinthians 11:14). That is why the holy Bible cautions us of the devil’s schemes.

Dreams of the dead will come but if you entertain them and not take a stand against these spirits, you will be trapped to believe it is your loved ones talking to you. The dead are never allowed to come back to this life. Their eternity has been set and they await judgement (Hebrews 9:27). Demons use their power to present themselves in appearance very similar to the loved ones. They speak in a language and present a message you will understand and relate to. Remember that the devil has a record of your life with the dead person. He knows how you fared, what issues you had and all details you may long forgotten about that person. That is why some see the dead coming back to claim what belonged to them. This then becomes justified because this demon that has assumed to be the returning loved one connects and speaks from a relevant point.

My personal Experience

I also had an experience when my father died in 2012. I dream of him coming to greet me in a few days after his burial. Fortunately, God had led me to a testimony of a person that revealed to me that demons do mimic a dead person and the solution is rebuking and praying against that dream. I did just that. I rebuked my father is the dream, telling him that he had died and I don’t want him to come visit me ever again. I just did not entertain him in the dream at all. When I woke up, I prayed against this spirit.

Just so you don’t think that it was easy for me to do that, maybe because I did not care much about him. My father was my friend. I had live close to him a longer time than most of my siblings. There was a time when we lived together in one house, I mean the two of us. He used to share with me some of his secretes that none of my siblings knew about. When he died, he was at my care. My wife had cared for him in his last few sickly months at my place. I was there to see him till the last second of his life. I did all I could to save his live and I cared and loved him so very much.

Just as I have mentioned it already. I learnt from the best fried of God, David. He let go in his heart about a child he loved and had openly expressed his love for.

If you take a close look at the many religions that are polluting Christianity these days, their ultimate source if from non-rebuked dreams that came from demons. You will do yourself a favour not yielding to dreams that come with a tag of dead loved ones. God will not use the dead to relay his message. If for any reason God choses to take you in a vision or dream to see the destiny of the dead, God will confirm Him message to you.

I advice that you pray in the name of Jesus Christ to test the authenticity of any dream or vision. All nightmares that have scared me would not allow me to call the name of Jesus. I would struggle to mention the name of Jesus because it has power to lease me from all bondages. If your dream seems to be unique and persistently comes even when you call the name of Jesus, then keep using the name of Jesus throughout your experience.

photo by:

You may also like the following posts:

FacebookTwitterGoogle+Share

About Musawenkosi Dube

May God be heard even through the internet. Be blessed as you read this blog. Please subscribe to get new posts delivered in your email (Top right window).
Tagged authenticity of Christian visions, before you die, demons, devil provides, Devil time is limited, devils and demons, discerning spirits, dreams and visions, holy angels, no salvation after death, satan and demons, who cares about life after death. Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Dreaming of dead loved ones, Rebuke that spirit

1. Wandering03 says:

Hi, thanks for your post.
    I tend to both believe what you say is true but on the other hand I disagree on some level.
    My father past away a few months ago and I had a dream I was walking with him in a very bright place. He was speaking to me but I heard nothing in terms of words, only his vivid voice and while he held my hand I could feel his skin and smell his scent. It was a very vivid dream apart from not remembering his words, just that he was happy and at peace and had come to comfort me. A month later my sister called in tears and told me a dream she had of our dad after praying to God for a sign the night before. She was, like me, holding his hand and walking and my dad guided her into a store and over to a shelf. The store was a holiday shop selling trinkets. My dad picked up a nativity set and smiled at my sister while pointing to baby Jesus. Then she woke up.

What is your take on these dreams?

• I’m happy that you are open to my opinion on this. I do appreciate that God will take some of the living in visions and dreams into the after life. This has happened many times and the book of Revelation is a record of a vision shown to John. You surely know what you saw and how vivid it was in your sight and your sister’s dream. It is good news to us that when we pray God will reveal to us the truth about things that confuse us. My personal take on this is that if it encourages you to trust more in God and practice what He wants, the dream is good for you.
      Next time you have a similar dream, I encourage you to call and use the name of Jesus right in your ‘VIVID’ dream. The name of Jesus is the only way to test spirits.

thank you for your comment.

2. Eunice says:

Some believer woman dream that i told her in her dream that my late husband is been send back and he is with me…and i was even carrying his identity documents in a bag with me and showed her..please pray and rebuke it

3. Jada says:

My cousin had died 24 Sunday 2017 of September and I recognized things in my house was moving and I had a dream of my cousin talking to me in a dream saying “ I’m fine I’m home “ the dreams stopped but the sounds and moving stuff is making me stress and depressed

• That’s sounds scary. I believe it is time for you to get closer to God in prayer over this. The devil wants to win you by making physical moves yet he is a liar. Getting closer to God against the spirit of the dead will save you your life in this world and the one to come. I will pray for you as well.

4. Adia says:

When I was young I had a dream about my sister who passed due to a car accident,She told as long as I dream my dreams would come true, still to this day I’m not really understanding,is this gods way of telling me she’s okay or is it something else

• I appreciate your worry. My take is that your dream had nothing to do with God’s message, it was just a dream. To overcome this worry, you just have to pray to God about this and He will help you overcome this though arising from this dream. If your sister was a Christian that was in good terms with the Lord Jesus when she died, she is in a good place and that has got nothing much to do with you. What matters is your relationship with God and how you want to live for Him.

I encourage you to make a prayerful effort to go over this dream, it is possible.

5. Namanya says:

My question is my younger sister died unexplainable death in Africa in January,1,2017. No body believed her death was natural and we have been praying with believers and different people have been praying and ask God how did she died, every one in different time, different country God showed then she died because of some evil issues and sacrifices. We as family we have been praying so much for her to come back because we believe she is somewhere, and we have been dreaming more than 100 times she is back and she is telling us she is not dead, and a lot Man of God. We need your help and advice, me as me I have been asking God to speak to me direct the truth if she died natural death or not. Because their were a lot of wearied things going on where she was married. They refused to allow us to do post mortem, the funeral day we as sisters we wanted to prepare the body and dress up for funeral services they workup at 5 am and prepare everything without our presence, we were shocked as family member. Man of God please help me because we still dreaming about her everyone in different time and always she cried for help, what do we need to do. Some they dream that she is coming with sweet cases, she looks tired and we are praying and fasting so that God can reveal this.

• I’m very sorry to hear that. You are doing good by praying to God for answers to your questions. However, I believe getting answers on how she died wont benefit you much. How about praying to God for help to get over the thoughts and the emotional hurt from this sad loss. God has the strength even to help you overcome the pain, even though memories may not fade off, but you can be in control of the situation.

I will pray for you too.

6. Kristin says:

I had a dream last night about my grandmother who passed away at 98 years old in 2016. She looked purple, had black eyes and looked like she was really miserable. She turned her head towards me with black eyes. That really gave me the chills. I couldn’t go back to sleep after that. She was Catholic, so my first though was that was her in hell. It is still giving me the creeps.

• Thanks for sharing. I will give you my honest understanding.

This is a dream that came just to disturb you and all the bad comes from the evil one. The living have no fellowship with the dead. That kind of connection is not of God and it should be cut off through prayer. God has the power to free you from the thought and stop dreams of such kind from reoccurring. You need to focus on having a good relationship with God through Jesus Christ so that your own soul does not go to hell.

I will pray for you too for the blood of Jesus to cover you.

thank you.

7. Joy says:

Thanks for the revelation behind the article. My father passed on in July 2017 i dream of him being alive and i was happy to see him. By God’s grace he was a born again before he dies.

What is the real meaning and does the dream comes from me, the devil or warning from God to let him rest.

• Thanks for sharing and I will give you my honest understanding of what this dream is all about. In your subconscious mind, your father may still be flashing and the long time you have spent with him in this world is the cause for this. However, the living has no fellowship with the dead. This is an occurrence the the devil might want to use to his advantage in the long run. You just have to pray to God and declare that you had this dream and you were happy to meet your father in the dream but this should never happen because your father has passed. there is nothing far from the truth, this is not good for you.

I pray for you too for this dream never to come back because it is useless dreaming of a person than has passed on.

8. Anne Nalwanga says:

i appreciated the article.it is an eye opener.i do get dreams of the dead especially when am persuing something.and when i get this kind of dream, i get negative results in what am persuing. should i be worried about this?

I know now that the devil uses our dead to play on our minds and drive us crazy and uncertin in our faith.

• Thanks for your comment. The right thing to do is pray against the spirit of negative results now that you know the devil will make every effort to fail you. In strict terms, worry is not from God. Pray against it at all times you face it.

9. Ruth says:

Thank you so much man of God for this. please pray for me as i have been dreaming of 3 relatives who has passed on i have been dreaming of coffins, i am so worried i have been praying but i know the blood of Jesus still works and i shall never dream of this again.

10. Mona cullum says:

I had a dream last night about 3 relatives and mom and dad i woke up crying but the father told me get on my knees and pray i did but i dont feel much better this dream worries me

• I’m sorry to hear that. However, know that Jesus Christ has been given all power on earth and in Heaven (Matthew 28:18), which you should call out for in prayer to remove the fear. Pray and believe Jesus to have done the work. Pray, and pray and pray and the situation will not be the same.

11. Adziliwi Budeli says: