The Bible and therefore God is not against doing business but there are businesses God forbids for people to do, let alone Christians. The world should this that what God give as an instruction to Christian, all man should comply.
First let me give you scriptures that support the notion that God allows for people to do business.
- Proverbs 10:4, ‘Poor is he who works with a negligent hand, but the hand of the diligent makes rich’.
- Jeremiah 22:13, ‘Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness, his upper rooms by injustice, making his own people work for nothing, not paying them for their labor’.
- Deuteronomy 8:18 (NIV), ‘But remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your forefathers, as it is today’.
So, doing business is okay. There are a lot more scriptures that are for the idea of doing business. For more, you can visit the page 24 Scriptures about business. When you study these verses, you can pick even more businesses that God does not want than the two that I will give below. In principle, any business that goes against scripture is forbidden. All businesses that cause people to sin are an abomination to God (Mark 9:42).
- Manufacturing, wholesaling and retailing material that ‘DIRECTLY’ promote sin. I say directly because some products lead to sin when abused. An example of a direct promotion of sin is a pornography video of any type whose purpose is to excite people into mental as well as physical / practical sexually related sins. On another note, an example of an indirect lead to sins is a computer which is sold for plenty good reasons but when abused it may lead to sin. Remember, the reference for knowing what is and is not sin is the Bible. It therefore would be pointless for me to mention products and/or services that promote sin because they are countless. Among them are certain types of clothes, appliances, publications, etc.
- Spiritual businesses like fortune telling, being a medium for the dead, etc. Again we are talking about business, which means its a product or service with a price tag. Obvious such practices are those completely outside the Christian faith. However, the sad news is that some people that call themselves Christians do some related
these businesses. Prophets and prophetesses have merchandised their God freely given Spiritual gifts and priced them. This is wrong and God will judge such offenders.
Initially, I would have loved to mention businesses like selling alcoholic drinks, drugs, etc. but that would have taken me forever to do. God through His guide gave me these two high level businesses that are not acceptable before Him for people called by His name to do. Again, this article should be considered even by non-Christians simply because the God of the Christians happens to be the God of every living person. He say to all that He says to Christians.